Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Green Chile Soup in the Instant Pot

Quick and easy!  Just the way I like it.  This was thrown together together last Friday night when I wanted something warm and comforting.  It had been a long week and pizza didn't seem like something that would satisfy. 

I had planned on adding the green chiles to my bowl and not the Instant Pot because I think Emily would have like it too.  Turns out she was starving and had no patience for waiting. Which worked out just fine because we had beef chili the night before that she loves ("meat with beans" as she calls it.)

Why do I call this green chile soup instead of just green chile?  I hoped for this to be a healthier version without any oil from frying the pork and I wanted to keep it broth based without adding any thickener.  

That said - the spices of this recipe resembles closely what we do with our green chile.


Let's Get Crafty!
3 boneless pork chops (ours were on the smaller size and frozen when they went in)
1 onion, diced
1 can rotel
2 cans low sodium chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon group oragano
1 tablespoon garlic porder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup green chiles, diced
Combine all but the pork and stir it up to distribute the spices.  Put the pork in the pork and give it one more stir.  

Using the beef/stew setting - I increased another 5 minutes for it to pressure cook for 40 since the small pork chops were frozen.

Everything in and ready to be sealed!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...