Thursday, October 26, 2017

Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings

My Mom made chicken and dumplings when we were kids.  It's such a comforting, hearty dish to me.  It was one of my older brother's favorites, so he would often pick it as his birthday dinner.  This is one of those meals that I can make and know my kids will eat it up.  Veggies and all!  I've adapted this recipe based on what I would have done on the stove but used the same time in the pressure cooker idea as the soup from the other day and it worked fabulously!



Let's Get Crafty!
Get your base ready:
3/4 cup onion, diced
3/4 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (a few dashes over the veggies)
1/4 teaspoon oregano (a few dashes over the veggies)
Salt and pepper to taste (I did about 1/4 teaspoon each)
3 cans low sodium chicken broth
3 chicken breasts
Select the soup/stew option (35 minutes cooktime once the pressure has built)



Get the dumplings in and stir before cooking again:
1 can refrigerated biscuits, cut into 6 pieces each
1/2 cup frozen peas
Select the manual option for 5 minutes


And the lid comes off the second time!

This was so good.  I'm sure we'll be having it again over the winter.  Not to mention that it was an absolutely perfect leftover meal for dinner at the start of the workweek.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...