Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Did I just find a Green Chile shortcut??

Green Chile is a labor of love in our house.  On this particular day my husband wasn't home to cook the diced pork and I was working with a pork loin.  I used the same idea in coating it and frying it but I did it in slices verses diced which cut down huge on time (I was trying to get this in the Crock-Pot simmering away before the little lady and I headed out to church) and I have to believe there were calories saved too because more surface for oil to cook in the diced pork must mean more overall oil. 

Please head on back to my Valentine's Day post for the recipe.  The rest of the recipe remains the same.  

Simmering away in the crock-pot.  The house smells fantastic!

Slice up the pork loin

Frying it up

I cooked it just a little under done because I knew it would finish cooking in the crock-pot all day.  
I love the color I was able to achieve.

Oh man.  This is a pretty picture of all the wonderfulness coming together.  

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...