Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Chicken, Avocado and Lime Soup

This is my first time using our Instant Pot to make dinner!  The original recipe comes from The Defined Dish blog.  A friend shared the link with me and it sounded delicious- so I had to give it a try.  As I always tend to do, I've done some switching up of the recipe ingredients to fit what I had on hand.  What caught my eye about this recipe were the avocados.


Let's Get Crafty!
Using the saute button for a few minutes:
1 tablespoon EVOO
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
add 2 cloves garlic in the last 30 seconds and continue to stir

Hit the cancel button to turn off the saute pan and add the following ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 can rotel
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
2 cans low sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Stir all together and select the soup/stew button.  Once it comes to pressure it will cook for 35 minutes.

Once the time has ended and pressure has been released- take the chicken breasts out to shred them with a couple forks.

Squeeze in the juice of one whole lemon (didn't have lime on hand and lemon worked out to be an excellent substitute!)

Ladle the soup over 1/2 diced diced avocado at the bottom of the bowl.  Yep!  I put some on the bottom and top.  I just loved the lightness of this soup.  It wasn't heavy and thick but was comforting none-the-less.

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...