Thursday, October 5, 2017

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Oh wings.  How I adore thee fried and crispy.  It makes my heart happy that fall time is here and that means soup time!  This recipe pulls in the flavors of wings without all the fat and grease.  I feel less guilty about having a second bowl of this soup. 


Saute together or medium low (I didn't use butter or anything):
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 onion, diced (it was a pretty big onion)
3 stalks celery, diced


Add all to sauteed chicken and veggies and cook on low for 20 mins stirring frequently:
2 cans low sodium chicken stock
2 tablespoons ranch dressing dry mix
1 can cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup wing sauce (I would have used more... but this was all we had)
8 oz package of light cream cheese

The kids aren't a big fan of this meal, so I tend to make it when I know we have something leftover that they would like to eat.  Generally, that means everyone is happy.

I initially topped mine with shredded cheddar cheese and chives.  It really needed a crunch factor so I added some crushed tortilla chips.



Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...