Saturday, June 2, 2018

Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sausage

I'm sure I've shared in the past how much I love breakfast casseroles.  I especially love the ones that you make the night before and just throw in the oven to bake in the morning.  This one is being made for a potluck at church after our Sunday service.  My husband doesn't really like breakfast casseroles, so I used breakfast sausage to mix it up because he loves that!


Let's Get Crafty!
Spray Pam in a 9x13 pan (preheat the oven to 350 if you are baking it right away)

Layer up the baking dish:


6 large rolls, cut into 1 inch pieces


1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled

I'm not a big sausage fan but my husband is, so this was something to make him smile.  And it worked!







1 red pepper, diced (Any color you have works - 
I just wanted the pop of color and to get in a veggie.)

For the egg mixture:
9 eggs
1/3 cup fat free 1/2 and 1/2 
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
Whisk together and pour evenly over the top

1 cup shredded cheese spread on top of that along with the egg mixture

I covered mine with foil for the night.  In the morning I pull it out when I wake up so it can come to room temperature.  Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 40 minutes.  If it's still a little cold - it might need some extra time, so I check it every 5 minutes or so.

If at room temperature - Baking at 350 for 30-40 minutes should be good.  Test with a knife to make sure the eggs are cooked.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...