Monday, June 25, 2018

Texan Ranch Chicken Casserole

This is a lightened version from the original with only 329 calories per serving.  This recipe makes 8 pretty good sized servings.  The recipe comes from the Healthy Cooking Cookbook from Taste of Home.  I followed the recipe list as it was listed to keep calories consistent. 


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350

Saute until tender but still slightly crispy:
1 large onion, diced
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped (we had to skip this because we were out)
1 tablespoon canola oil

Add the garlic and cook one minute longer:
1 garlic clove, minced

Stir together separately and then add to the veggies and garlic:
1 can reduced fat and reduced sodium cream of celery soup
1 can reduced fat and reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel, undrained
1 tablespoon chili powder


Additional layers:
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese
12 corn tortillas, cut into one inch squares

This is how I quickly cut the corn tortillas a one time.
This picture is funny to me because I remember giving myself a pep talk
before taking the picture that the corner pieces didn't have to be picked up
so everything would be even.  Still makes me smile.

Start layering it up!
Spray a 9x13 pan with pam
Add a small amount of the sauce to the bottom
1/2 tortilla strips
1/2 chicken
1/2 sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese
Repeat one time and boom!  It's oven ready!

Going in!

Coming out!

Here's my piece.  I didn't put any green chiles in it - 
so, of course, I had to put them on the top.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...