Sunday, June 17, 2018

Taco Pizza

We had leftover taco meat from our walking tacos at lunch and I had planned grilled pizzas for dinner, so I put the two together.  There's a quick cheese sauce on top that was so easy and added lots of flavor!  I threw on a couple crunched up chips after I took the picture and I really liked the crunch they added.

These pizzas were ridiculously easy using leftover taco meat and pre-made pizza crusts.  I used refried beans for the "sauce" and stirred in a little water to get the consistency I wanted. They covered the pizzas nicely.  A taco blend of cheese was spread out to cover the beans and the taco meat was added on top of that.

Mark grilled them for about 10 minutes until warmed through and the cheese melted.  Towards the end of the grilling time he moved them closer to the edge so the bottom would brown evenly and it worked well.  Then you can add whatever you want to the top!  I added lettuce, cheese sauce and some crunched up chips to mine.


For the super quick cheese sauce - I combined a jar of nacho cheese sauce with one cup of chili and warmed it up.  It was great as a queso for chips too.

Thanks for stopping by!  If you have any favorite camping recipes, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...