Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Egg Scramble for 1

I’ve been making this for the last couple months once or twice a week because I’m trying to eat more veggies and this is so quick and easy.  It takes less than 10 minutes depending on the veggies you use and how long you like to have them saute.

My favorite combo is broccoli and mushrooms.  That’s what I’m making today and I think that’s what made me remember to take pictures.


Let's Get Crafty!
Saute the veggies with a small amount of butter:
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup broccoli



While that's working - whisk your eggs together:
2 eggs
2 tablespoons half and half (or whatever you put in your coffee)


When your veggies are done turn the heat down to low.  I like the mushrooms to have just a little bit of color to their edges and the broccoli should still be a little crisp but have turned a gorgeous deep green.

Once the heat has reduced down to low - add in your whisked eggs - stirring constantly.  I really like the heat to be down to low because I think the eggs are fluffy when they aren't shocked by the heat.  If you cook them nice and slow they take a little more time and attention but they are totally worth it!


This is another one of those meals I'm in love with because it can be so easily adapted to what you have in the fridge or the person that's eating it.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...