Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Fun Twist on Smores


I've seen posts on pinterest about using fudge striped cookies as the graham cracker and chocolate for smores and wanted to give them a try.  We tried it over the weekend and they were quite tasty. 

The first night my husband wouldn't taste it.  He said that the original way was great and no sense messing with the original.  (Luckily I brought the fixings for both!)  Then on night two he tasted one and said it was really good. 

Connor jumped into it on the first night and made his smore with the fudged striped cookies and declared it was the best he'd ever had.  I told him it would be good to try it the other way too and compare, since he's always excited for smores.  He tasted the other way and changed his mind.  The classic version is the best ever.  He went back and forth depending on the one right in front of him with the ooey gooey soft marshmallow magic.

Emily liked making smores and distributing them... not so much the eating part. 

With the fudge stripes, I love that the chocolate is evenly distributed and starting to melt.  With the original, I love that it's a camping treat that takes me back to camping with my family when I was little.

The picture above is from the first night.  It was super dark outside, so I needed to take it inside the camper for the picture while my family laughed about how many pictures I take of food.  :D

I hope you have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...