Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Taco Ring

This recipe is fun especially because you can pick up the crescent rolls when you happen to catch them on sale and make a quick and easy dinner.  Over the last several years I've seen many different recipes using this same concept... like buffalo chicken (sounds delicious!) and philly cheese steak (also haven't tried but sounds delicious!)

I made this for the first time after having an in-home Pampered Chef party where I bought their Main Dishes cookbook.  I was pregnant with my Monkey Man at the time.  Crazy to think that was over 9 years ago!!  

Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 375

Make your taco meat just like you would for burritos and tacos.

The recipe (and the others I've seen) generally calls for 2 cans of crescent rolls.  I made it with two once and it was too much.  I've stuck with one each time going forward.

Lay out the triangles making a circle (the part of the triangle with the two points that are the closest being on the inside to make the circle.)  Put the meat along the circle and then pull the point from each crescent roll to the middle.  (See the bottom picture.) Rather than mixing the cheese in with the meat- I like to sprinkle it on top of the meat before pulling in the points. It feels like more cheese when you can see it.  :)

Bake for 20-25 minutes. 

Out of the oven and ready to dig in.  I like to put the salad in the middle to make it seem more fun for the kids.  I don't know that it makes them eat more salad... but it makes it more exciting for me too.  

How it looks before hitting the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...