Sunday, March 12, 2017

Overnight Breakfast Bake

Why do I like to make breakfast the night before after just cleaning up dinner dishes?  Because... it's daylight savings night... people that know me know that this is a big adjustment for me twice a year. Since we are LOSING an hour overnight and getting the Monkey to Sunday School at 9 am is really 8 am... I need all the help I can get.  (Also because I'm trying to exercise more and hope to hit a walk in the morning while this is baking away in the oven.)


Let's Get Crafty!
Spray Pam in a 9x13 pan (preheat the oven to 350 if you are baking this bad boy right away)

Cut leftover rolls (I had about 8 to use up) into 1 inch pieces - toss into the pan
(You can also use french bread or regular sliced bread.)

1 cup shredded cheese spread on top of that (I always use whatever I have on hand... cheddar cheese would be my favorite... on this day it was a Colby Jack mix.)

2 cups diced ham (I LOVE to buy pre-cooked ham steaks when they are on sale at the store.  They are super easy and fast to thaw in cool water - as I did today.)

For the egg mixture - if possible - enlist a 9 year old to help with the egg-cracking and mixing 
(shout out for all Mamas trying to get used to having a little boy growing into a young man)
9 eggs
1/3 cup fat free 1/2 and 1/2 (whatever you use in your coffee or milk would work too)
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
I don't add any salt because the ham brings a lot to the table
Wisk together and pour evenly over the top

I covered mine with foil for the night and will pull out as soon as I wake up to get to room temp and throw in the oven.

If at room temperature - Baking at 350 for 30-40 minutes should be good.  Test with a knife to make sure the eggs are cooked.

Generally... I get over-zealous and throw it in still a little cold and it takes longer... so I check it in 5 minute intervals after 40 minutes until the top is nice and brown and the knife comes out clean.

Thank you for stopping by!  Happy Sunday Funday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...