Sunday, March 19, 2017

Pork Fajita Tacos

I tossed this into the crockpot on a Monday morning that I knew was going to be a busy week.  It ended up being a delicious dinner that kept us happy for a few meals.  We had tacos the night we cooked it then my husband took some for lunch in burritos (I had more tacos) and then finished it up Wednesday night on Naan bread.  I love it when 10 minutes of prep time can help with not one but two dinners (and lunches too!)


Let's Get Crafty
1 fajita sliced onion
1 fajita sliced pepper (I used orange for some fun color)
2 1/2 pound pork roast
1 packet taco or fajita seasoning (we buy a large container of Taco Seasoning at Costco - I use 4 tablespoons of it since the roast is a couple pounds)
1 can Rotel

Now... here is the controversial part... I cook my pork roast starting with it frozen.  Why is that controversial? I've read articles and blogs about not recommending this for fear that it won't be cooked enough.  When we use the crockpot on a workday - it will be in there for at least 10 hours.  We've never had problems with the meat not getting cooked.  When using thawed meat - we have had many times of overcooking it.

On with the details:
Put the roast in cool water for a few minutes while cutting up veggies so it will slide right out of the wrapping.  Then roll the roast around in the taco seasoning until well coated.

Put the sliced onions on the bottom of the crockpot and put the roast on top of it.  I layer the bell pepper around the outside.

Pour the can of rotel over the peppers around the outside.  (Not on top of the roast or it will wash off the seasoning.

So easy and so delicious! Please let me know if you try it - I would love hearing ways to mix it up or what people like to do differently with a similar recipe.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...