Monday, December 4, 2017

Oven Fajitas

Who loves fajitas?  I know I do.  I especially love them at a restaurant when they come out of the kitchen on a sizzling skillet.  These aren't on a sizzling skillet but they are quite tasty and I love the way some of the onions caramelize and get crispy edges in the oven.  It takes on a flavor that's reminiscent of those sizzling fajitas.

I made these on a Monday night when I knew I wanted something easy to cut up a couple things and throw it in the oven without a lot of fuss.  This meal delivered. 

Going in the oven!


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 425

Mix all this together and set aside to combine while cutting veggies:
4 chicken breasts, sliced into smaller pieces
1 envelope fajita seasoning (we had this on hand- if we hadn't then I would have just used taco seasoning or chicken taco seasoning)

Get your veggies going:
1 large green pepper, sliced
2 small onions, sliced
1 medium yellow squash, cut into half moon slices
(Use whatever you have... mushrooms, more peppers, jalepenos... so many wonderful options!)

Line a large sheet tray with foil (if you want to cut down on dishes)

Spread the veggies out and add the chicken - mixing all together to get some seasoning on the veggies too.  After mixed well - spread everything out into one layer as much as possible.

Bake for 20 minutes - stir around and then toss back in for another 5-10 until chicken is cooked through.  (I'm somewhat paranoid about undercooked chicken... so I tend to cook mine a little longer than others might.)

Coming out!  Love the colors!

My husband and kids ate these inside burritos with cheese and salsa.  I had some on a plate without the burrito shell and added some cheese and salsa to the top.  Stick around for a look at how we use the leftovers tomorrow!  Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...