Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mississippi Roast with a Twist

Okay.  Here' the thing... I've seen this recipe on Pinterest on so many sites for years and thought it looked delicious.  Why haven't I made it?  Because- seriously!  A whole stick of butter!  What?!  Looks delicious? Absolutely.  Healthy? Not so much. 

I followed the recipe in general and then did a little trick at the end that I think really helped to reduce all that butter while still holding onto a lot of flavor.  Please let me know what you think.  :)

I added some extra peperoncini to mine straight from the jar because I'm in love with the bite they give.


Let's Get Crafty!
1 beef roast, mine is around 3lbs here (and yep!  It's frozen.)
1 package au jus gravy (Seems to be a toss up of people using this or trading it for onion soup mix.  We might just give that a try next time and see which we like the best.)
3 tablespoons ranch mix (equal to 1 envelope)
1/2 cup peperoncini

Put the roast in the slow cooker first.  Add the mixes next with the peperoncini on top of that.  Then the stick of butter.  I threw this together one morning before running out the door for work and knew it would have a good 13 hours to cook.  With the roast being frozen - I did low for 8 hours and then it cooked on warm another 3.


Oh the view!  A beautiful sight to behold after a full day of work with 
hungry kids asking for snacks as soon as you hit the door. 

My trick to lighten it up?  I took the roast out to shred the meat to shred
and then I cleaned out the crock pot and added the meat back to it.
The meat was still super moist and full of flavor without actually 
dripping in the buttery sauce.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...