Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Oven Fajitas - Round 2 and 3 and 4!

Here's Tuesday! We used up our leftovers from the oven fajitas in a few ways by making some queso to eat with naan bread turned into "chips" and inside burritos.  I even set aside 1/2 cup to take to work for a salad!

Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350

For the queso:
1 1/2 cups leftover over chicken and veggies from the night before, cut up into bite size pieces
10 oz velvetta
1 can rotel
Mix it all together.  Put in the microwave a couple minutes to start the cheese melting.  Then I threw it in a baking dish to cook with the naan bread.  (I needed to stir it a couple times during baking and it came out all melty and beautiful.)

I so wish the picture could do justice to this queso!  

For the naan bread:
Cut into bite size pieces
Layout in single layer on baking dish (I really like the pampered chef large pizza stone for this)
Spray the bread with non-sticking spray
Lightly sprinkle taco seasoning on top
Bake approximately 15 minutes (start checking after the first 10 minutes)

For the burritos:
We made 4 burritos with the filling for each as follows:
1/2 cup refried beans
1/3 cup queso
Handful of diced green chiles
Full disclosure... I didn't eat a burrito.  Mark said they were delicious.


Last but not least - the salad:
Just a couple quick notes on the salad... I made a quick corn salsa with some corn, chopped tomatoes, chopped jalepenos, lime juice with some salt and pepper.  I like to do this right in a snack size ziplock.  I

For the salad dressing I used 1 tablespoon fat free greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon light sour cream and some taco seasoning.  I added a little and then tasted it starting with 1/2 teaspoon.  


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...