Thursday, November 30, 2017

Instant Pot Stew

I know I've been stewing it up here lately between the Crock-Pot and trying it in the oven... but I just had to give stew in the instant pot a try.  This is essentially my slow cooker recipe that I adapted to the IP.

The beauty of stew is you are in charge of throwing in the veggies you like or keeping out the ones you don't like.  Hate mushrooms?  Keep them out.  Love peas?  Throw them in.  (I would wait and add these in frozen in the saute while thickening at the end so they hold some texture and don't get mushy on you.)


Let's Get Crafty!

Get all the veggies in the pot:
2 potatoes, chopped (I chop mine big so they stand up well to the pressure cooking)
4 mushrooms, sliced
3 stalks of celery, sliced (leafy stems and all!)
1 cup baby carrots (already small and ready to be dumped into the pot)
1 onion, diced


Put the meat in first then spread the seasoning packet over the top.  
Add the beef broth and then give everything a good stir.
1 1/2 pound roast, diced into bite-sized chunks (absolutely buy stew meat already cut up, if you would rather!  This roast was 3.49 per pound and I just couldn't bring myself to spend an extra 2.25 per pound for them to dice it for me.  I certainly buy it up when I can catch it on sale.)
1 package onion soup mix
2 cans low sodium beef broth


Cook beef/stew for 40 minutes.


Once the pressure is released and the pot is open- change the setting to saute.  Whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch and some cold water to add to the pot and help thicken it up.   Stir for a couple minutes until thickened and then you are ready to eat.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...