Saturday, March 2, 2019

Every Plate

Well... I drank the cool-aid and gave Every Plate a try.  This is a meal service kit where ingredients and recipes for a few meals are sent to you each week.  This one seemed fun because we could switch up meals with a couple different options and a few people I know had tried it.  We used a friend's coupon for $20 off so we got 3 meals for a family size of 2 including shipping for less than $20.  I think family size 4 would have been around $40 with the coupon.  If you're looking to try it - I encourage you to use a link from one of your friends because you get $20 off your first box and they get $20 off their next box. 

This felt like worth a try while Mark was working out of town so we could do the family of 2 menu and give it a try for a pretty cheap price.  Other friends that had tried it said the portions were pretty good and that if we needed more we could add a side to go with it to be enough for the kids and I.

Here goes: 

Night 1 - Sausage and Pepper Orzotto with Cheesy Panko Crust
This made a full small casserole dish and was definitely more than enough for the three of us. 

Night 2 - Southwest Beef Bowl with Chipotle Crema, Pico de Gallo and Lime Rice

Night 3 - Spicy Honey Butter Chicken with Zucchini and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
So... I didn't really follow the recipe on this one and did my own thing.  I still roasted the zucchini and sweet potatoes but I also diced up the chicken to cook it in the oven. 

Overall, it was fun to try a few new meals but I don't think we'll do another meal kit.  I felt tied down to a plan because we had ingredients that I didn't want to go bad and the kids were a fan of the night 1 menu but not so excited about night 2 and 3.  These meals also had more hands on time than I've gotten used to with the convenience of our Instant Pot and various frozen meals we keep on hand for busy weeknight meals.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...