Sunday, March 31, 2019

Asian Style Turkey Meatballs

We had some ground turkey that I found on sale and I've have been thinking about a fun way to use it.  I thought making meatballs would be a fun activity at the end of the day for the little lady and I.  She said "No thank you. You go ahead."  Maybe on another day...

Connor and I used to make them a lot when he was her age.  He loved rolling out the meatballs and getting to pick the ones he wanted for dinner.  His favorite part seemed to be plopping them into his spaghetti sauce.

These would be great with pasta or rice.  I made rice for the kids and tried to go lower carb for me.


I found a recipe on Pinterest from a website called Chef Savvy that I stayed pretty close to in ingredients.

Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat the oven to 400

For the Meatballs:
1 lb ground turkey
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 teaspoons minced garlic from the jar
2 green onions, only the green tops
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce

I forgot to add the egg before taking the picture but it was added in before I shaped the meatballs.  This recipe made 15 decent size meatballs.


Bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake another 10 minutes

For the sauce:
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/8 low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Whisk together these ingredients in a dish that is large enough to also be able to hold all the meatballs. I didn't even warm this sauce and just tossed the meatballs in when they were done to warm the sauce and it helped to cool the meatballs just enough to be able to eat them.  It was perfect.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...