Friday, March 22, 2019

Tuna Salad

When I was a little girl, I didn't like tuna salad.  I didn't like pickle relish or mustard and I can't ever remember being a big fan of fish.  It's funny to me how taste buds change as we get older.  I now love pickle relish and tuna salad is one of my go-to comfort foods during the lent season.

To make a perfect tuna salad sandwich you need to make sure you are using the large can of tun and not the smaller cans.  That is how you get the nice sized tuna chunks like in the picture below.  It's also important to me that I have some hard-boiled egg and dice up some celery.  Last - but definitely not least - be sure to allow the proper amount of chill time.  You want that tuna salad to be nice and cold between a couple of perfectly toasted slices of bread.


Let's Get Crafty!
For the creamy part:  
3/4 light mayo
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
1/2 cup chopped celery 
Salt and pepper to taste (I generally just add pepper since the pickle relish is bringing a good deal of sodium to the party already)

Add in the tuna and eggs:  I like to add these at the end to help them hold their texture.
3 hard boiled eggs, diced up
1 large can albacore tuna

It's good to have a couple hours to chill out in the fridge to be nice and cold when you're top it on some toasty bread.  Sometimes I'll make it ahead on Thursday night so it's ready for dinner on Friday night.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...