Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Fresh Salsa

I truly love all kinds of salsa.  We found a few jalapenos from our garden that were hiding in the middle of the plant and I was excited to use them right away.  We didn't have all the ingredients that I usually use in salsa but decided to make it work with what we had.  We used lemon instead of lime, used flat parsley instead of cilantro and some chives instead of red onion.  It was really good.  I love it when recipes come together so easily.


Let's Get Crafty!
3 cups grape tomatoes
3-4 jalapenos
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (or cilantro)
2 tablespoons chives (or red onion)
Juice from 1 lemon (or lime)

It takes a little extra effort - but I like to take the seeds out of the sweet baby tomatoes.  The salsa feels too runny to me when I don't take the seeds out.  I like to use these tomatoes because they are so sweet and delicious.  I also really like their texture after being blended. 

I toss it all into our smoothie blender (this took 2 batches) and mix together.  
Add more salt as needed.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...