Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Oven Baked Ranch Potatoes

I stumbled on this recipe one day scrolling through Pinterest looking for a new way to use some potatoes The site is called MrsHappyHomemaker.com and she calls the recipe Cheesy Ranch Potatoes.  You know me, I didn't follow the recipe very closely but I went with the main idea and ran with it. 

These are really good but they definitely don't fall into the quick dinner category.  We made these on a Saturday evening when we knew we would be around the house and had the extra time for potatoes to be baking away in the oven.

I really liked her approach of anything goes based on what you have on hand.  Any type of potatoes... whatever cheese you like... whatever seasoning suits your fancy.  I'm sure we'll make these again soon and do something to change them up.


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 400

Toss together and put in a 9x13:
5 potatoes, diced (I kept the skin on today but peeled would be great too)
1 1/2 tablespoon EVOO
1 tablespoon garlic and herb grill seasoning

Cover the potatoes with foil and bake for 50-60 minutes at 400 stirring once about halfway through
Check to make sure the pototates are fork tender.

Switch to a large baking sheet so there's more room to spread out the potatoes.  (I think I'll just start with the larger baking sheet from the get-go next time.)

Adding the layers of cheesy, ranch-y, bacon-y deliciousness:
1/2 cup light ranch dressing (drizzle over the potatoes and use a spatula to stir and evenly coat)
Top with cheese and bacon bits (I'm a fan of the Kirland brand from Costco)

Toss the potatoes back in the oven at a high broil for just a couple minutes and they come out perfectly golden brown with the bacon starting to sizzle.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...