Friday, September 14, 2018

Jalapeno Popper Chicken

Jalapeno poppers are one of my all-time favorite treats.  I love so many different versions of them.  This recipe comes from wanting jalapeno poppers for dinner but trying to mix it up to be a main dish.  I was really happy with how it turned out.  I would do more jalapenos next time.


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 425

Line a large baking dish:
2 packages of chicken tenders

Get your popper topping going by cooking together on medium heat:
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 small onion, diced

After a few minutes add:
6 jalapenos, cored and diced


After about 5 more minutes add in:
5 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
Kirkland best - I use 1 tablespoon for each slice.  It's also less sodium and that makes me happy.


Then add in 1 block of cream cheese and mix until melted

I baked the chicken by itself first for about 20 minutes and drained the juices before adding the toppings.  Since I used 2 packages of chicken tenders, my chicken is very close together.  We probably would have needed less cooking time if we had some room to groove between the pieces.


Once the chicken is mostly cooked you will want to evenly layer the topping and add some shredded cheddar cheese.  Then throw it back in the oven again.


Bake another 15 minutes at 425 and turn to low broil for the last few minutes to brown the cheese


I hope you try this!  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...