Friday, August 31, 2018

Fried Chicken Salad Wraps

It was 5:30 and I had nothing defrosted and no idea what we were going to have for dinner.  I went to the grocery store and didn't see anything at the meat counter that gave me inspiration.  Then... I walked over to the deli and there was cold fried chicken.  Boom!  It instantly took me back to a show I watched a while back on Food Network called Southern at Heart with Damaris Phillips.  Her recipe is called Fried Chicken Salad Sandwiches.  She was a winner of the Food Network Star and I just love watching her.  You should watch it!  She's so fun!

You know me... I'm not really following the recipe but so I'm mostly starting with the main idea of using cold fried chicken and we served it as a wrap instead of on a croissant.  I do have to say that a croissant would be absolutely amazing too!

I was so excited to dig in that I had already taken a few bites before I took a picture.


Let's Get Crafty!
Toss in a bowl together:
3 cups diced cold fried chicken
1 cup celery, diced

Stir the sauce until mixed well 
1/2 cup olive oil mayo
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
I like to do the sauce separately from the meat and celery first so that it doesn't break down the diced chicken.  I like to have the chicken stay nice and chunky.


 I added some romaine lettuce and shredded carrots to the wrap to add some veggies.  It was really good.  I especially like the tangy flavor of the mustard pulling through and the bite that comes with the lemon.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...