Sunday, September 23, 2018

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Football season is here and one of the things I love about it are the snacks and dips.  Man oh man!  I sure love the dips.  There are so many buffalo chicken dip recipes out there and this one isn't very different from many of those.  I've adapted ours for our tastes over time.  I skip using the canned chicken unless we're in a big hurry because I don't like that I seem to end up with a tuna type texture.  We also use more of the red hot sauce and about half the amount of ranch dressing that's generally called for to help make the buffalo sauce stand out even more.

We were so excited to jump in that I didn't even get a picture of it coming out of the oven all bubbly.


Let's Get Crafty!

Cook in the crock pot on high for 3 hours (or gently boil 3 chicken breasts until fully cooked):
3 boneless chicken breasts

Preheat the oven to 400

Mix together gently:
Shredded chicken
1 package low fat cream cheese (I like to soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power so it will mix easier)

Add to the shredded chicken:
1 cup red hot buffalo sauce
1/2 cup ranch
1 cup cheddar cheese

Spray a 9x13 pan with pam and then spread the chicken mixture evenly.  I like to use a pan with more surface area because I like it to get all nice and bubbly from top to bottom.  When I've used smaller baking dishes, the middle gets warm but it doesn't feel bubbly hot.


Bake for 20-25 minutes until it's bubbly and melty.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...