Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Shredded Ranch Chicken

You'll find this recipe all over Pinterest and Facebook called Crack Chicken.  It's all generally the same recipe and you can do it in the Crock Pot or the Instant Pot.  I can't seem to stop using my Instant Pot these days and that's how I made it.

Here it is - all shredded up and ready to layer onto sandwiches.  I've also seen people using it as a dip with chips or crackers.  I'm wondering if celery and carrots might also be tasty with it.


Here's my sandwich.  Of course I needed to add some green chile.

Let's Get Crafty!
4 chicken breasts
4 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix (or one packet)
1 8oz block cream cheese
1/4 cup crumbled bacon (I like to cheat and use the real crumbled bacon already ready to go from Costco)

Put the first three ingredients in the instant pot and cook for 40 minutes using the manual setting.  It should only need 15 minutes or so if the chicken is thawed but all of mine was frozen.  That's also 4 cups of frozen chicken stock in the middle.  With everything being frozen - it took a little while to come to pressure and start cooking.

Release the pressure - open it up and add the cream cheese on the top.  Do the manual setting again for only 5 minutes this time.


Release the pressure, add the bacon and shred it all up.  The first picture of the blog is after I've shredded it just before putting it on sandwiches for dinner.  I had leftovers one day for work and just did the chicken on the side with some vegetables next to it.  It was really good leftover too.

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...