Sunday, February 4, 2018

Loaded up Chicken Nachos

Good Morning!  It's Super Bowl Sunday!  Even though my team is out of it - I still love to watch the ads and eat delicious food.  We had this for dinner last night and I realized it would be a perfect Super Bowl snack or meal. 


I've broken out three pieces: The chicken, jazzed up sour cream and cheese sauce. 

Let's Get Crafty!
Part 1 - The Chicken:
4 chicken breasts
3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
1 can rotel
1/2 can low sodium chicken broth
Seal it up in the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 20 minutes.  I did it for 15 minutes and decided it needed a little more and did another 5 minutes.  If you didn't want to use an Instant Pot - you could cook the chicken and then shred it up and saute with the chicken stock and taco seasoning.  I love the "cooked all day" taste and texture you get from the Instant Pot with less hands on time.


The chicken looked and smelled amazing with an almost creamy sauce between the mix of the seasoning with the rotel and chicken stock. 


Once the chicken was shredded up (reserving 1/2 cup of the sauce for the recipe below), I put it back into the Instant Pot and stirred it to get the saucy goodness all over.  We only used half the chicken tonight and I see chicken tacos or a taco salad in our future.


Part 2:  Sour Cream with a Twist
I like to take 1/2 cup sour cream and add some taco seasoning to it for a kick of flavor.  For 1/2 cup - I added maybe 1 tablespoon and mixed it together and set in the fridge to set.

Part 3:  Cheese Sauce
During the 20 minutes the chicken was cooking away in the instant pot - I got the cheese sauce going.
1/2 block velvetta (we use the one made with 2% milk)
The rest of the low sodium chicken stock

I microwaved this in 2 minute increments until it was melted and creamy.
Set it aside until the chicken is done then add:
1/2 cup hot green chiles
1/2 cup of the delicious sauce from the cooked chicken


Here are the extra fixings while layering up the nacho goodness.
From the top left going clockwise: green onions, olives, jalapenos and tomatoes. 


Here's my nachos all plated up with some diced avocado added to the top at the last minute.  


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...