Friday, February 9, 2018

Chicken Nacho Casserole

So here's the deal.  I'm going to give it to you straight.  I wanted to make the Chicken Doritos Casserole.  It's Ah-Maz-Ing.  But... I was missing several ingredients (one of which was Doritos) and I didn't want to go to the store.


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 375

Warm in a saucepan until the velveeta is melted:
12 oz 2% milk velveeta, diced
1 can cream of celery
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can rotel
I think you could add some cooked sausage to this and eat it by itself watching a football game.  Just saying.  Wishing I was watching the Broncos... but an amazing nacho dip none the less.

Here are the order of the layers (use 1/3 of the amount in each layer): 
1/2 to 3/4 bag of tortilla chips (I really like LaFlavorita.  A big part of that might be because a full serving is 70 calories... but I also do really like the flavor and texture of them.)

3 cups cooked chicken, shredded

Nacho cheese sauce

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I only did this after the bottom layer after the nacho cheese sauce and then as the very top layer.  Because... well... cheese!)


Layered up and ready to hit the oven

Bake 35-40 minutes until the cheese on top is browned

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...