Friday, September 29, 2017

Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce

These are super creamy enchiladas that are just a good warmed up the next day as they are the evening they're prepared.  I'm kicking myself for spacing out taking pictures while I was making them but I'm thankful I remembered to do it before diving into my plate!  This recipe came typed from my Mom.  I'm not sure where she got it - but it's a keeper!


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350

Make the saucy deliciousness:
3 tablespoons butter (melt in a medium sauce pan)
3 tablespoons flour (add to melted butter and whisk for one minute over medium heat)
1 can low sodium chicken broth (add to the butter and flour mixture and whisk together.  Continue cooking over low heat until it thickens and bubbles up and then remove from heat)

Add to the sauce after it has cooled a little bit (so the sour cream doesn't curdle):
1 cup light sour cream  (I wasn't brave enough to try fat free greek goddess yogurt... but I'm curious.)
4 oz green chiles 

Stir together the filling:
2 1/2 cups shredded and cooked chicken (rotisserie would be perfect here!)
1/2 cup of the white sauce
3/4 shredded colby-jack cheese

Get your enchiladas ready:
10 small flour tortillas
(For my tip on making sure the filling is evenly dispersed - see my April 6, 2017 post of Honey Lemon Chicken Enchiladas.  It works like a charm every time!)

Once your enchiladas are rolled up and in a 9x13 baking dish - pour the white sauce over the top
1/2 cup additional cheese spread over the top of the enchiladas - because well... why not.  :)

Bake 20-25 minutes and then low broil to brown the extra cheese another couple minutes

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...