Sunday, September 24, 2017

Cranberry Orange Bread

Yep!  I baked and it was delicious!  This was the same day I did the crock-pot meals and had half a package of fresh cranberries left.  I was trying to think of a fun way to use them.  This recipe from The Petite Plantation blog fit the bill.  


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt (I never use the full amount of salt- I used 1/2 teaspoon today)
1 tablespoon
3 tablespoons grated orange zest (1 large orange)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I'll try it with applesauce next time)
1 1/2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)

Mix the dry ingredients (except the cranberries)
Mix the wet ingredients (I included the orange zest here)
Combine wet and dry and then gently fold in the cranberries.

Bake for 45 minutes.  (I checked mine around 40 minutes and it needed a little more time.)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...