Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Beefy Noodle Casserole

Comfort food at it's finest!  This recipe is from the May/June 2009 issue of Simple and Delicious.  And that it was... Delicious!  The kids really ate it up too.  I stayed pretty much in the lines while cooking this recipe - nothing too big changed up from the original.


Let's Get Crafty!

Preheat the oven to 350

Get the pasta going:
12 oz wide egg noodles (cook according to package directions)

In the meantime - get your meat cooking:
1 lb lean hamburger (we used elk meat)
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (add toward the end of the meat browning process)

Once cooked - add to the meat:
1 can cream-style corn (14 1/2 oz)
1 can stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 yellow pepper, diced

Ok... now that I'm in the details... I did do something different that I think would be great to try next time and that is to add 1 cup chopped pimiento stuffed olives.  In it's place I added some diced yellow pepper we had on-hand.

Combine the meat, sauce and drained pasta
Once well combined - throw in 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley that easily adds some freshness to the dish that I think it really needs with the canned components.

Pour the goodness into a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with pam

At this point you are left with a choice.  A little bit of cheese or a lot.  We opted to go with the second option on this particular day and I have no regrets.  It was amazing!

Hot out of the oven.  The extra cheese truly felt worth it to me.  

Because I was already "all in" - I went ahead and added the french fried jalapenos

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...