Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Dips truly make my world go round.  I'm up for any kind of dip and love making them and trying new recipes.  Spinach Artichoke Dip is a classic but I'm trying to put a lighter spin on it using some greek yogurt instead of just mayo and sour cream and I cut back on the cheese.   Hope you enjoy!

Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 375

Get your spinach and artichokes ready for the party:
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained 
(I have a towel I like to put it in and twist to get out as much moisture as possible)

12 oz marinated artichoke hearts
The marinated ones have extra oil... I like to put in a calendar and rinse to get some of the oil off but it also still leaves a good amount of flavor.

And for the creamy goodness:
1/4 light sour cream
1/4 mayo (I like to use an olive oil mayo)
1/2 cup Greek goddess lowfat yogurt 
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup parm cheese... I used a combination of a pizza blend and 6 cheese Italian blend

Bake for 20 minutes

Preheat to low broil and cook another 10 minutes

The picture coming out of the oven doesn't do it justice.  It was really good.  It was good both hot and cold.  I liked it especially with celery sticks  and carrots when it was cold.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...