Sunday, July 16, 2017

Cheesy Baked Pork Chops

I followed this recipe pretty closely to the original recipe I found on Pinterest from a site called Avocado Pesto.  Here recipe is called "4 Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops" if you to see the original.  My husband loves pork and I'm generally on the lookout for new recipes that I think he might light.  We grill a lot but sometimes it's nice to throw a quick dinner in the oven and wait for the bell to ring.


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350

Mix Together:
1 tablespoon chopped chives (I like to use scissors- they are fast and easy)
1/2 cup light mayo
4 oz cheddar cheese

Flatten out the Pork Chops:
I have a pampered chef meat tenderizer mallet that has a flat side and a tenderizing side.  Using the flat side between a couple sheets of the plastic wraps - work from the middle out to flatten out the pork.  (I hadn't done this with pork before and the meat was nearly soft enough to cut with a fork.)

In a Foiled Pan (to make cleanup easy):
Divide the cheese mixture among the 4 pork chops and top with the remaining 4oz of cheese

Bake for 35-40 minutes until the meat is cooked through
I turned ours to a low broil for the last few minutes to make the cheese nice and bubbly

Here's a picture of the pan because in order to truly understand the cheesy goodness... you have to see the crunchy awesome-ness of the cheese.   It was truly delicious.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...