Monday, August 4, 2014

Owl Pocket Thank You Card

Hello there!  I've been wanting to try out a pocket card and decided to have my first one be a 5 x 7 card for more room.  To create the pocket I cut 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock down to 7 x 10.  I used a scoring tool to help with the fold right down the middle.  Once folded in half - I opened the card base and folded and the top left corner down to the middle of the card being sure to line up the edges.

I'm in love with owls these days and decided to cut one out with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge available from Close To My Heart.  There are three components to the owl.  The base layer is a chocolate brown with a pink top layer.  The eyes are cut at the same time as the pink top layer and can be added separately.  It's an extra step - but it feels like something is missing without them.

I added some Ivy Lane paper, used the new chevron punch, and added some flamingo dots to add some color and give the card a little something extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...