Sunday, June 14, 2020

Breakfast Casserole Strata

I'm sure it's hard to believe that there's a breakfast casserole that I haven't tried or made - but then this little recipe popped up on my radar.  


This recipe comes from the back of a Kroger brand pork stuffing mix.  I cut the recipe out of the box and have had it sitting on the counter for a while.  It always makes me happy when the day comes where I use it.  It's tweaked and adjusted for what I had on hand or what I didn't want to include.

Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350 

1 box Kroger pork flavored stuffing mix
1 cup diced ham
1 cup diced peppers (we used red)
1/2 cup green onions
1/3 cup (pablano pepper - we didn't have any but I wish we had!)
1 tablespoon diced garlic (I used a list bit of garlic powder)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
10 eggs, beaten
2 cup milk (the recipe called for heavy cream but we used 2% and it was great)

In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk and whisk until well combined.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well distributed.

Pour into a 8 x 12 casserole dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray and bake for 40 minutes.  (We needed to do some extra time.)

Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes.

Happy Sunday Funday!  Our little Haley Bug is taking a snoozer and I was excited to steal a few minutes to type this out while Emily played in the sandbox as breakfast was cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...