Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Instant Pot Taco Mac

This is a spin off the basics of the mac and cheese recipe I've been making in the instant pot for a while now.  I love throwing everything in and setting the timing and walking away.  On this day... my son switched the vent to sealing because I accidentally left it in release.  You can tell when you've done this because it doesn't make the happy sealing noise when it's warmed up but instead keeps steaming loudly.  It's a super quick fix because the knob can just be moved to sealing.


Let's Get Crafty!
Add each of the following to the Instant Pot and give it a good stir:
3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
2 cans chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 1/2 ground hamburger, cooked (I used frozen packets from my freezer and changed the manual setting from 4 minutes to 5 minutes.  If I was doing ground hamburger that I just cooked and wasn't frozen - then I would have continued to use 4 minutes like in the macaroni and cheese recipe.)


Set to manual setting for 5 minutes.

When the cook time is done - do a quick release.

Stir in the following until creamy and thick:
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Done and done


I think I might like to throw in a can of rotel next time.  I didn't today because I knew the kids would eat it better without it and they did.  Emily had little tomatoes on the side.  It's so funny to me that she goes back and forth on eating cooked, diced tomatoes but will eat fresh grape tomatoes like they're going out of style.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...