Saturday, April 21, 2018

Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

The snow is falling this morning.  That means... BOOM!  We get another soup day.  It feels like a bonus day because I was afraid soup season had ended.  

Chicken tortilla soup is probably one of my favorites because it has the mexican flavors that I love and you can so easily spice up individual bowls to make each person eating it a happy camper.  I'm also all about toppings and the possibilities are pretty much endless.  We didn't get too fancy on this day but I also really like to add slices of avocado and twists of lime.  The lime adds a level of brightness to the soup and gives it the little extra something that makes me not miss the extra salt. 


Let's Get Crafty!
2 chicken breasts, thawed
1 can mild rotel
3 cans low sodium chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 
4 ounces no salt tomato sauce

Toss everything into the instant pot and cook on the soup setting for 20 minutes.  Do a quick release and stir in:
2 cups frozen corn

I didn't cook it any longer because the corn thawed and warmed up in the time it took for me to pull the chicken out, shred it and toss it back in.


Here's what my bowl looked like with my toppings. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...