Sunday, November 12, 2017

Shredded Beef for Tacos

Beef roasts were on sale and I wanted to mix it up with something different, since we recently had beef stew.  Here's a quick and easy crock-pot recipe that I threw together in 5 minutes.  I actually very gently threw it together because Emily was taking her nap after church and needed a good one today since yesterday's wasn't so good.


Let's Get Crafty!
Throw into the bottom of the slow cooker:
1 onion, diced
1 can beef broth (reduced sodium)

Get the meat ready by mixing this together in a medium sized bowl:
2 1/2 lbs beef roast, cut into medium sized chunks
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning 

Arrange the meat on top of the onions and broth


I'm cooking mine on high today for 5 hours.  This could easily be turned into a freezer meal.  In that case - I would cook it all day on low for at least 8 hours.  

Coming out to cool before shredding and
adding back to the broth

I made some mashed potatoes to serve with this today along with roasted acorn squash.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...