Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Shrimp and Bacon Pasta

We had shrimp and some leftover bacon just waiting to be used and I thought "Put your hands together!"  (Please oh please.... someone tell me what show this is from!!)



Let's Get Crafty!
Cook 3/4 box of linguine pasta, al dente according to box directions (I started the water when I started the other pieces and it came together well.  The pasta only had a to wait a few minutes to be mixed in.)

Saute together until softened:
1 tablespoon butter
Small splash of EVOO
1/2 medium onion, diced
3/4 cup celery, chopped
Once the butter and EVOO have been absorbed (because it truly "wants" more than this...) add in some chicken stock to continue the softening process.  This continues to add flavor but with much less calories and fat.  I start with 1/2 cup and add a little more as needed- It probably ends up being around 1 cup.

Add to the veggie blend and cook another 4-5 minutes until shrimp fully cooked:
1 lb uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 roma tomato, seeded and diced (I would have used more if I had them-3 would have been perfect.)

Stir with veggies and shrimp to finish it up :
1/2 cup fat free half and half
3/4 cup pizza blend cheese (I liked the mix of different cheeses included but some mozzarella would be great here too.)

Toss in the pasta to distribute the shrimp and sauce
I flipped the large pan into a large dish to serve so the onions and celery would be on the top.  This also helped shrimp to be on the top because they fell to the bottom as I stirred everything together.

Hope you had a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...