Saturday, June 24, 2017

Camping Breakfast Scramble

We took our camper out for the first time a few weeks ago.  This was the first official meal cooked on the camping stove.  I felt like a little girl cooking in my play kitchen while pulling this recipe together.  I’m trying to take more pictures during the cooking process and was excited to do that with this breakfast!

You'll notice in the picture below there are two breakfast hash/scrambles.  I made the one at the top of the picture and the other delicious one was made by my brother-in-law.  Yes- there was a breakfast competition.  Yes- a winner was determined.


Let's Get Crafty!
1/2 package turkey kielbasa, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced

Saute together until the onion is sot and the kielbasa starts to get a little color.  I like to do the kielbasa first and then add in the veggies.   Set aside.

2 medium potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons EVOO
Lawrey's seasoning salt
Garlic powder

Ideally these bad boys would be cooking while I did the meat and veggies.  Unfortunately, I only had one pan so we weren't able to multi-task this part.  (Another pan added to the list- check!)  Fry the potatoes until done and then set to drain to get as much oil off as possible with a paper towel.

Everybody back in the pan!  I was excited with how it was coming together at this point and then realized... I forgot the eggs!  Luckily- my competitor was willing to share a couple with me.
2 eggs
1/4 cheddar cheese

Scramble the eggs and add to the pan- cooking on medium heat until cooked through.  As the eggs are close to setting add in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to wrap it up.

Finished product!  I forgot to take a picture until we had already dug in and started eating... but will wanted to share it.

Here's Ron's breakfast hash.  I wish I could share the recipe, but it's top secret and I'm lucky to have even been able to take a picture and include it on the blog.  :)  I can tell you (because I had some and didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement)... there were fried hash browns, sausage, and a generous helping of melty, gooey cheddar cheese.

My son hugged me and gently shared that Ron's was better than mine.  It was truly delicious!

 Happy Saturday Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...