Sunday, February 12, 2017

Chicken Tacos on Naan with Peanut Sauce

Happy Sunday Funday!  I'm excited about the recipe I'm sharing today because it evolved from one that I wasn't super excited about into something quite tasty.

I made Hawaiian chicken in the crockpot.  It's a frozen meal that I made two of... my family wasn't a fan of it served over rice but I didn't want the second meal to go to waste.  On a day I knew was going to be particularly busy... I put it in the crockpot with the plan of trying it again for dinner and hoping we all liked it better than the first time.

I ended up getting home with a few minutes to spare and pulled the chicken out and tasted the sauce. It had flavors that I thought might go well with a Thai style peanut sauce.  We also had some naan bread on hand and fresh veggies to help pull the "taco" together.

Let's Get Crafty!
For the chicken:
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, undrained
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar

Cook in the crockpot on low 8 hours (if frozen.)  

For the peanut sauce:
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons lemon juice (I've seen recipes with lime but I always have lots of lemon on hand)
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon minced garlic (taking help from the store on this one.  I love the jars of garlic when it's ready to go.  We like a lot of garlic - if you don't then this could easily be reduced to fit your taste buds)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (fresh grated would be even better!)
Mix all together well adding water to get to the sauce consistency you're looking for.

To build my taco I added some sesame seeds and crunchy noodles.  
It was truly delicious and a hit with the whole family.  


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...