Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pizza Soup

I love soup season and we are definitely smack dab in the middle of it.  The inspiration of this recipe came from a Taste of Home Soups magazine 2017 Edition that I picked up at Costco. It was on that same trip of wonderfulness that a big container of mushrooms and 6 pack of colorful peppers ended up in our cart. When we were done shopping Emily and I shared a slice of pizza... it was so tasty and delicious.  (As a side note... How awesome is it that their fountain drinks are 59 cents?!  It feels like the Diet Pepsi tastes even better when you get a good deal!)  

This pizza soup pulls in the flavors of pizza and left me feeling satisfied and like I made a somewhat healthy choice.  

Here's the lineup:
1lb ground beef
1 small onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes with olive oil and Italian seasoning
4 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings

Brown the ground beef and onion until the hamburger is cooked through.  Drain off any fat (I like to take a paper towel and use the spoon to stir it around in the pot to pick up as much extra fat as possible.)  I then threw everything else in the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes.  Once in the bowl I added some shredded mozzarella cheese and red pepper flakes to the top.  Delicious!


Please Note: This isn't exactly the recipe from Taste of Home - that's not how I cook.  I read a lot of recipes and then pull ideas from what I've read.  I'm horrible at following recipes to the T.  I'm a horrible baker!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...