Sunday, January 29, 2017

Dinner at Shanahan's Steakhouse

Mark and I went on a date weekend to Denver and kicked it off with dinner at Shanahan's Steakhouse on Friday night.  As we were waiting for our reservation we ran into Mike Shanahan himself!  He was so friendly... I still miss seeing his face on the Bronco side of the field.  He'll always be a Bronco to me!!

We made an awkward attempt at getting a selfie with him in the background as I tried to work up the nerve to ask for a picture with him.

The food was absolutely delicious!  We had high expectations and they were met!  Mark ordered the rib-eye and I had crab cakes.  Because we just couldn't help ourselves we tried three (yes 3!) of the their appetizers - the mussels, giant shrimp with atomic cocktail sauce and oysters rockefeller.  Everything was fantastic but a couple things stick in my mind as amazing... the crust on my husband's steak and how perfectly medium-rare it was and how the lobster sauce with the crab cake went so beautifully together.  Sorry no pictures of the food! I took some but it just didn't feel like they did justice to the meal.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Happy Sunday Funday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...