Sunday, December 21, 2014

Yuletide Christmas Banner

Good Morning!  I'm very excited about the Merry Christmas banner I created using the Yuletide Carol CTMH paper packet along with the coordinating Yuletide Carol Assortment.

This was the second project I made with my new Cricut Explore.  I have to say that I absolutely love this machine.  For all my accounting friends out there this Cricut is like moving from manual posting of journal entries on green sheets to an accounting software that posts the transactions with the click of a button. 

I decided on the Yuletide Carol paper for a couple reasons.  First, I really like deep reds and deep greens.  Secondly, I liked the way there were a couple papers in the packet that already had their own distinguishing characteristics.  For example, the red paper I used for the M in Merry was mostly red but also included some cream swirls. 

It was easy to use the leftover scraps from cutting out the banner to help add more color and excitement to each of the letters.  In addition to the scraps I used the Gold Shimmer Trim,  Gold Sequins and the Bling Gems Gold Assortment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...