Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Taco Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer

We got my husband an air fryer for Christmas.  I thought he would be super excited about it... but he didn't seem to be.  He loves fried food and we rarely make it at home.  I thought this could be the gateway to healthier "fried" food.  It uses such a small amount of oil and still gets the egg rolls super crispy.

Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat the air fryer to 370

Stir Together:
1 1/2 cups thawed taco meat (I used a freezer packet from my October 10, 2018 freezer session)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 can black eyed peas, rinsed (I would have used black beans but we didn't have any and these worked great in a pinch)
1/2 can corn, drained
(next time we'll add some avocado)

1 package egg roll wrappers (the brand we buy has 15 in one package)

Wrap up the egg rolls.  Our air fryer fit 4 at a time without over crowding it so I made 4 at a time as the others were coming out.

Brush vegetable oil on all sides of the wrapped egg roll and place in the air fryer

"Fry" for 10 minutes turning over around the halfway point.



For a quick and easy dipping sauce - I used equal parts of light sour cream and salsa.

The verdict:  These were really good and super crispy.  They were crunchier and crispier than we usually get from the oven versions we make.  I anticipate we'll go back and forth between using the air fryer and putting them in the oven.  These were really good but took more time overall because of needing to do smaller batches rather than one big batch.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...