Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Steaming Broccoli in the Instant Pot

One of the things I was excited about with the Instant Pot was the steamer and I haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would.  On this particular day we were having Mongolian Beef from my freezer meal stash and I thought some steamed broccoli for me instead of rice would be perfect.  The kids each took their obligatory bite - but they weren't super excited for it.  I was shocked!  :D

This is so darn easy that it's barely even a recipe.  Sometimes I put things on my blog for a reference for me to look back at for things that I tried and really liked.

What makes this a keeper to me is that the broccoli stayed tender-crisp.  It wasn't mushy and had a vibrant beautiful color after being steamed.  



Let's Get Crafty!
Cut the fresh broccoli crowns off leaving some of the stem.  I ended up with around 1 1/2 cups

In the instant pot - put in your steamer base (mine came with the IP) and add at least a cup of water.

Put your steaming basket on top of the steamer base.  There are special steaming baskets you can buy but I use the cheesecake tin Mark got me and the size works perfectly.  I also put just a touch of water in that tin.


Put the broccoli in the cheesecake tin.  Done and done.  Nothing else.

For the Instant Pot - set the knob at the top to sealing and close the lid.

Select the steam button and hit the minus sign to reduce the time to -0-.  This is telling your IP to build the pressure and then be done without actually cooking it once the pressure builds.

So good!  Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...