Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Beef Taco Filling Freezer Packets

I didn't do my normal round of freezer meals before school started this year and I've missed having those go-to meals hanging out in the freezer for those busy days.  I've decided to mix it up some from what I've normally done. I did throw together a couple of my traditional meals but I'm also making a couple new recipes that are really just large batches of something we use regularly that will be nice to just warm up.  This beef taco filling is one of those recipes.  The places to use it in addition to tacos and burritos feels endless... salads, nachos, quesadillas, enchiladas, add a can of rotel and some velvetta for a quick dip.


Let's Get Crafty!
For the Beef Taco Filling:
Brown the meat (I did this in two batches):
4 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
I like to take the cooked hamburger and strain it in a colander to get out most of the fat.


Mix together the beef seasoning:
2 cans tomato sauce, no salt added
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt (add more to fit your taste... I added another 1/2 teaspoon but you might not need it if your tomato sauce has salt)
1 teaspoon black pepper


Mix together the beef, onions and seasoning:
Add in 1 can of beef broth and 1 cup of water then bring to a boil

Once boiling - lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes


Let it cool before dividing it among bags.

We got 6 quart sized freezer ziplocs
when putting about 1 1/2 in each.
It made me laugh pulling out the ziplocs that had a date on them from last month.  These were labeled when we were dividing up our roasted green chile to freeze.  We ended up with a lot of extras like this.  :D

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...