Thursday, August 9, 2018

Pizza Stuffed Zucchini

This summer has flown by for us and I'm not sure where the time has gone.  Please don't be alarmed that I haven't been posting very consistently here lately.  We've definitely still been eating!  :D

Stuffing zucchini is a summertime favorite of mine.  I think it's because when you broil cheese on top you end up with toasty beautiful-ness (sorry, made that up) and it feels like I'm getting something decadent and comforting.  On this particular day - I was making pizza for the kids and decided to use the same flavors to pull together a stuffed zucchini. I was pretty happy with the results.  It made for excellent leftovers too. 


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 425

Get a pot of water going and bring to a boil

Prep the zucchini:
2 zucchini - halved and seeded
I like to take a knife a make a couple lengthwise cuts from one side to the other.  This makes making room for the filling super easy.  It also helps to give me a guide, so I don't take too much out.

For the Filling:
Let this simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens up and absorbs into the mushrooms
1/4 pound ground hamburger, browned and drained (I started with browned hamburger today since I was making pizzas for the kids and pulled 1/4 of the pound aside for this.)
5 good sized mushrooms, chopped
10 black olives, sliced (I like to buy by olives whole and slice them myself.  For whatever reason... I think they taste better than the ones that are already sliced)
1 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup water

Once the water is at a boil - turn to medium and let the zucchini go for 5 minutes
This helps to start the cooking process for the zucchini.  It's the same idea as a stuffed pepper and helps to cut done on the cooking time in the oven.

Stuff the zucchini

Add some mozzarella to the top of each one

Toss into the oven for 15 minutes

Switch the oven to a low broil and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...