Sunday, May 20, 2018

Crazy Easy Chicken Tacos in the Instant Pot

I haven't been planning ahead with meals here lately.  Each weekend I buy a few staples that I know we'll need for the week and then work with whatever else we have in our freezer and pantry.  This has been mostly a fun approach to use because it feels like I'm saving money when I'm really just using up what I bought earlier.

This shredded chicken recipe is something I've come to use regularly.  One of the things I love about the Instant Pot is the way the meat still holds its texture after it's cooked.  That was the struggle bus for me and the crock pot at times. Don't get me wrong... I still use my trusty slow cooker!  With my new meal planning - or should I say lack of meal planning - the Instant Pot has become a close friend.


Let's Get Crafty!
Toss it all in the Instant Pot:
3 boneless chicken breasts
1 can rotel
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
1 can low sodium chicken broth

Throw it all in and stir it up.  Put the lid on and set to manual for 15 minutes.  (20 minutes here if you skip the next step.  This time could be cut down if you wanted to cut the chicken into smaller pieces.)


**Important Step**  I didn't do this initially but I've found that it really makes a difference in the sauce that's left behind.  Open up the Instant Pot - stir - and set it to manual for another 5 minutes.

As a result we get tasty sauce that's thickened up some on its own.  The chicken breasts also didn't have dry spots since they were redistributed in the liquid towards the end of the cooking process.


I like to pull the chicken out and give it a few minutes to cool down before shredding.  We use it for so many things... tacos, burritos, and enchiladas are our most common go-to meals with it.

Happy Sunday!  I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...