Saturday, March 24, 2018

Instant Pot Egg Bites

Good Morning!  For all my Instant Pot friends... we are in love with Egg Bites.  My husband got me the mold for Christmas and we've been making them once or twice each week.  They are great because they take just a couple minutes to get in the Egg Bite Pods and then they need no more hands on time.  The recipe here basically comes from the little pamphlet that came with the mold... with just a few of my twists for what I have on hand a piece where I'm like "Ain't no one got time for that..." 


Let's Get Crafty!
4 large eggs
4 bacon strips (I used a generous spoonful of the Kirkland Bacon Crumples from Costco)
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese (I use about half this amount and they still feel super cheesy to me)
1/2 cup 1% milk cottage cheese
1/4 fat free half and half
I use a whisk to mix all this together and then divide among the pods.  (The recipe calls for separately blending the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese and 1/2 and 1/2 together until blended.  This is the part that I don't do.  I was nervous there would be weird clumps of cottage cheese... I used the small curd cottage cheese and there weren't any.)

Let's get them in the pot.  Put the trivet that came with the IP at the bottom along with 1 cup of water.  Gently set the filled pods into the IP on top of the trivet and water.  Put the lid on and make sure the knob at the top is set to Sealing.  Then select the Steam option for 8 minutes.  Once that 8 minutes are up you are going to let it Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.  


Aren't they cute when you flip them over?!  
No non-stick spray is needed... they slid right out!
(UPDATE: After the first couple times we did start needing to
use spray each time so they wouldn't stick.)

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...